Saturday, July 6, 2013

3 MONTHS TO LIVE

A darling baby girl you turned out to be,
Even when you came 2 months early,
The prognosis was good you gave such a fight,
for mommy and daddy- you were love at first sight,

God had other plans but know this: we mourn and,
You were part of our family the day you were born,
Our hearts are now heavy that you have gone away,
Summer vacations that won’t ever be played,

So many things happened to end your fight,
We struggled in vain with all of our might,
If love and prayers could just conquer all,
We could bless the day to see you crawl,

No happy ending for us here on earth,
We will never forget the day of your birth,
I know you are in a much better place,
But who would forget your beautiful face?

Your big sister anna, your mommy and daddy,
Loved you with all they had they would take you back gladly,
Your grandma’s, grandpa’s, cousins, uncles, aunts,
Would give all they had to hold you- one last chance,

You have other caretakers to step up to the plate,
To hold and to love you while, for us, you wait,
For the day that we join you up there,  above,
Baby girl you have our hearts and our love,

I hope up there you are healthy, happy and wise,
And that people who love you answer your cries,
May they hold you and mold you until we arrive,
And then heaven will hear us all - singing your lullaby,

I don’t know what to say I just can’t find the words,
To write the feelings down so they can be heard,
This mourning takes time that’s what they say,
But I can still hear your cry like it was yesterday,

They say it will get easier but I do not see how,
I wish I could see you in your crib right now,
I know that you felt it all that love and concern,
And until we see you again we will continue to mourn.

No comments:

Post a Comment