Friday, July 5, 2013

WIDE AWAKE

It was a perfect day, the sun shining brightly,
So as Not to disturb this scene I tread lightly,
I lie down basking in the sun, admiring the view,
Catnaps such as this are precious and few,

Soon I am woken by a drum that is beating,
I look around and I frown my perfect world deleting,
My dead mother is there shaking me like a rattle,
Wake my dear daughter you dream of a battle,

Suddenly I wake fully alert to the danger,
A battle for sure nobody around but strangers,
I know in my heart I must start to run,
I run and I run then collapse down in the sun,

My heart is racing filling with dread,
Sweating & Shaking I sit straight up in bed,
My voice is hollow forming a scream,
It was only an echo of a dream in a dream.

1 comment:

  1. This was created from the prompt "an echo of a dream in a dream"

    ReplyDelete