About Me

My photo

Hi and welcome to my blog.  Hopefully you have visited my blog to read some of my writing.  Nothing beats finding that perfect poem, phrase or story to explain how you are feeling.  Often times I am asked to write something through my group on Facebook entitled "Prompted".  This group will give me a picture or a phrase and I have to write something containing it.  The first prompt for which I wrote "The Flight" required three words, owl, lightning and pudding.  The second was my basis for "Wide Awake" Sometimes I just have a feeling and start writing and when this happens just let me be.  A combination of these writings are what I wish to convey to you, my reader.  I hope that my writing touches you in the same way it touches me as I write it because isn't that the purpose of a poem is to feel it? 

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Another writing prompt - Its gets those creative words flowing!

The Prompt:

Life is a Domino

The path we take is never set in concrete;
Like a line of dominoes falling down so neat;
Our path can lead down a road never seen;
The other path makes us wonder what could have been;

But to live the life your supposed to be living;
Can be mightier than a sword bent on giving;
One persons life that fatal blow to kill;
The memories I carry haunt me still;

What if I had the fortitude to withstand the fight;
Did I really live with all of my might?
And how much does karma play a part;
on gifting me with a loving and giving heart?

So I have come to see that a path left untrodden;
Leaves what if memories best left forgotten;
And if you would walk that path now and see;
What do you think would happen to be;

The outcome would be pretty similar to now;
Different people in your life leaves you wondering how;
You are on this path because of life's blows;
The decisions you make the seeds you sow;

So live your life for today and never wonder what if,
The sands of time will continue to shift,
You are on the path you are meant to be on;
Falling down like a domino is part of the fun!