About Me

My photo

Hi and welcome to my blog.  Hopefully you have visited my blog to read some of my writing.  Nothing beats finding that perfect poem, phrase or story to explain how you are feeling.  Often times I am asked to write something through my group on Facebook entitled "Prompted".  This group will give me a picture or a phrase and I have to write something containing it.  The first prompt for which I wrote "The Flight" required three words, owl, lightning and pudding.  The second was my basis for "Wide Awake" Sometimes I just have a feeling and start writing and when this happens just let me be.  A combination of these writings are what I wish to convey to you, my reader.  I hope that my writing touches you in the same way it touches me as I write it because isn't that the purpose of a poem is to feel it? 

Friday, August 30, 2013

Day 30, Friday. A celebrity crush from your youth – spill the beans!

Only one more to go after this :-(

A child hood crush has got to be,
One of the toughest especially,
When your crush is known far and wide,
Listen close and I will confide,
The only boy for me as a teen,
was Richie Sambora if it could have been,
I wish I had met him when I had my looks,
My youth is spent I wish I had took,
a chance to go and get to know him,
But I already knew that chance was slim,
So I just went on with my own life,
And forgot about becoming this mans wife,
His guitar to this day still makes me shudder,
And to look at him now makes my heart flutter,
He has only gotten better looking with age,
Eye candy for sure playing on that stage,
With his life long pal and a band named bon jovi,
He was special then  and now special indeed,
So his name is secretly engraved on my heart,
That way I know we are never apart.