About Me

My photo

Hi and welcome to my blog.  Hopefully you have visited my blog to read some of my writing.  Nothing beats finding that perfect poem, phrase or story to explain how you are feeling.  Often times I am asked to write something through my group on Facebook entitled "Prompted".  This group will give me a picture or a phrase and I have to write something containing it.  The first prompt for which I wrote "The Flight" required three words, owl, lightning and pudding.  The second was my basis for "Wide Awake" Sometimes I just have a feeling and start writing and when this happens just let me be.  A combination of these writings are what I wish to convey to you, my reader.  I hope that my writing touches you in the same way it touches me as I write it because isn't that the purpose of a poem is to feel it? 

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day 17, Saturday. Time Travel – where would you go and why?

IT COULD HAVE BEEN 1500 SOMETHING

If I could travel back in time where would I go?
Who would I see? Who would I know?
America wouldn't even be a country quite yet,
The year would be 1500 something I bet,

To whom would my allegiance be sworn?
If 1505 was the year that I was born?
Henry Tudor would be the English King,
How would I survive without central heating?

Oh the joy I think to realize this land,
Long before my living even began,
Would I inspire this fickle sovereign,
To change history to something decidedly foreign?

And if I came to see this dream come true,
Would I be happy there or would I be blue?
Would Henry really love me if I gave him a son?
Or would it be off with my head when the whole thing was done?

It's easy to believe even with all the facts,
That I could live there with him and never look back,
Surrounded by the court and all of its gossip,
But could I survive being in the king's pocket?

Would he fall in love at first sight the moment he saw me?
Would our passion burn so bright re-writing history?
It's easy to dream about what could have been,
Especially when you don't know how you will sin,

Chances are I would Have wound up like poor Anne,
And my life would be dead before it began,
Coming not to the court through noble birth,
People of England laughing I don't share their mirth,

I would probably end up in some English Brothel,
Wondering where I went wrong living in a hostel,
Laying with the nobility for the coin to be spared,
Hoping and wishing that somebody cared,

So time travel for me is no longer appealing,
When I think of all that could happen its very revealing,
So I think I will just stick to the time I am given,
And continue to live the life that I choose to be living.